About us: Our Values
The things we value are those things that we hold dear, that mean a lot to us. This is probably a huge list but it includes the following;
- The love of one Almighty God who is revealed to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The joy of the truth that by faith alone we are brought from death to life, born again by the will of God as we choose to follow Jesus
- The Word of God that has been given to mankind as the revealed wisdom of God for our good and that we might now how to please God and draw close to him.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers — given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.